Monday, April 25, 2016

La Tribute des Critiques des Disques


Radio France Musique has a very cool program called La Tribute des Critiques des Disques, presented by Jérémie Rousseau, in which six different recordings of classical works are presented "blind", and critics discuss positives and negatives, voting for their favourites. In a recent episode, Jérémie Bigorie, Chantal Cazaux and Jean-Charles Hoffelé talked about Villa-Lobos's Bachianas Brasileiras no. 5. I wish my French were better; I'm only following about 1/3 of what's happening.


SPOILER - here are the six sopranos:

A = Natania Davrath
B = Victoria de los Angeles
C = Anna Moffo
D = Sandrine Piau
E = Anna Maria Martinez
F = Renee Fleming

I opted for version "B", which isn't a surprise; I've always loved the version Villa-Lobos conducted in Paris in the 1950s, with the great Victoria de los Angeles.

I've embedded the France Musique player with this program loaded, but you can also listen at this website. It also has a link to the podcast, which you can download on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment