This is really, really cool: the Carnaval de Campos do Jordão yesterday announced the theme for this year's Carnaval street day on February 24th. In this Ano Villa-Lobos, celebrating the 50th anniversary of Villa's death, the theme will be the works of Villa-Lobos. Six Samba Schools will be in the parade this year, each with a special Villa-Lobos theme:
- Jardim Márcia - “Uma homenagem a Villa-Lobos”
- Jardim Imperial - “Uirapuru”
- Vila Santo Antônio - “Bachianas”
- Bloco dos Artistas (Vila Britânia) - “Choro”
- Acadêmicos do Britador - “Amazônia Fauna”
- Vai-Vai da Mantiqueira (Monte Carlo) - “O Trenzinho do Caipira”
More information at the Guiacampos website.